We want to make sure you burn your candles safely. Please read the guidelines we have outlined for you below.
- Keep the pool of wax free of wick trimmings and any debris at all times.
- Place the candle on a stable, heat-resistant surface. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to counters and table surfaces, and prevent glass containers from cracking or breaking.
- Avoid drafts, vents or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning and soot.
- Burn in cycles of 2-3 hours. This will help the candle burn evenly, and remember to trim wicks before each burn.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended or lit while sleeping. If you are going to leave the room or go to bed, be sure to extinguish all candles first.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For safety measures, stop burning a candle when there is ¼ inch of wax left in the vessel
Prior to burning your candle, trim the wick at least ¼ inch. This prevents uneven burning and soot.
Do not use water to extinguish a candle, this can cause the hot wax to splatter and could break a glass container.
- Before leaving the room, make sure your candle is completely out and there is no glow coming from the wick ember.
- Store in a cool, dry place.